Saturday, October 17, 2009

TIREDDDDDzzzzz...Snort..

I am burnt out and sick right now...but there is no rest for me yet. I got up at 4:30 am for a test this morning and am feeling it right now. I have two weeks of school and then finals left in this quarter. This is by far the hardest mental challenge I have ever done. The amount of information I am cramming in is ridiculous...

I worry, how much will I retain? Will I feel like an idiot when I start clinical rotations next June? How am I already almost halfway through the didactic (classes) portion of my education? This seems exceptionally fast.

I have learned how to do a complete physical exam, including and up to a well woman's gynecological exam. We practice on standardized patients, and that was an experience to say the least.

I have a fun finals week coming up with exams Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday plus an additional full physical exam on a patient which will fall on one of those days. Sort of makes me want to crawl in a hole, but mostly that is lack of sleep talking and the fact that I want to be in bed with a horrible head cold rather than sitting up studying for 6 hours a night.

Am I whining...maybe just a tiny tiny bit...but sometimes you just need to eat ice cream and cry ya know?

These nerve lesions aren't going to learn themselves so I am need to get back to it. Also damn the heart, it is a complicated crazy little organ that takes a lot of studying to understand. To bad 27% of us will end up dying from it's malfunction.

Need bed...must study.

1 comment:

Gary Robbins said...

That is crazy that you're almost 1/2 way through the class portion of your schooling!
Again hats off to you for chasing this dream and making it happen! It's great to sit back and watch it all unfold...plus there's a lot less reading involved in watching from the sidelines!!

GR