Monday, January 11, 2010

January's Post (probs the only one)

Checking in on a rare off night from studying. I just plain don't feel like doing any mostly because I got 2.5 hours of sleep last night and I can't comprehend new knowledge right about now.

This quarter is killing me slowly, one sleepless night at a time.

But on a higher note, my brain feels like it is all starting to come together in a weird medical sort of way where I am doing really really good in school even as the heat gets continually turned up. The biggest problem is with multiple exams a week, my mornings all start in the 4 to 5:00 am range since our tests are at 7 with an hour commute. I am just freaking tired and way over caffeinated.

We are starting to talk about clinical rotations which start in June and frankly, it scares the crap out of me. How will I be ready to walk into a real medical site and make real medical decisions? Last May, I sat in a cube doing computer shiz...this is just going so fast. Watched House tonight and I think I am officially on par with script writing for medical dramas as I knew all the "words comin outa their mouths".

Rode my bike tonight...on a real mountain...still getting better at climbing and it was breathtaking. Did I mention it is sunny and 65 here? Don't hate, I spent 30 hours this weekend in a library. Brain-quad excitation pathways must be a go...cause my muscle workouts have nothing on my brain workouts.

My new opinion? You can learn ANYTHING in one year if you can learn medicine in one year. Stop slacking you 4 year engineering degrees.

Also, my husband, sweet heart that he is sensed that I might be "loosing my mind" what with the studying all weekend and lack of sleep and brought me some pink roses home. I will keep him.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks Chaser for keeping up with this blog (even just once a month). I have really enjoyed following your journey. I am wishing you continued success and satisfaction on your new path. I found this blog about a year ago when I had a knee injury and was looking for some good news. I sure have found some good news here. Thanks!

Deanna Stoppler said...

Hang in there sister. I can't believe how much your life has changed. You are working so hard! I hope you can get some rest to rejunvenate.