Friday, June 22, 2007

Ode to the weekend.

Friday oh glorious Friday. Ode to the weekend.

"Hello weekend. I love you. Deeply. Remember when we first met, I think it was in kindergarten and I realized that I now had 'responsibilities' and could not just kick the bouncy ball and play in the sand all day long anymore. I had to go to school and learn things on the magic reading carpet and I was so sad. And then you came along. And I loved you at first sight. We have had a lot of good times over these 26 years. We have relaxed together, gotten into trouble together and most of all we have had some of our best adventures together. So I am very happy to see you again. BFF. "

The above pic is from my night hike up Camelback on Wednesday. All said, it was a fabulous time, even if it did take us hours longer than it should have and we got lost and ran into some snakes and scorpions and then got locked into the parking lot. We are already planning on doing it again next week, and want to run it this time.

So one of my newer obsessions is 'ultimate frisbee'. I know, a complete change from rugby but very fun non the less. Its athletic, challenging, requires speed, agility, and technical skill and most of all is very competitive. I am playing in a women's league right now and my team is 2-0. Plus you get to sprint around in the 110 degree heat and you don't really notice it because you are having fun. I am developing the reputation of being that 'crazy rugby player' because I am not afraid to dive and accidentally run people over at times. I swear its accidental. Excerpt from a conversation with a teammate from last night:

Teammate: "Oh you used to play rugby, that explains why you are so crazy."
Me: "Yeah, you know that built in human condition that stops you from running into something that might hurt? Well I lost that 7 years ago. I am trying to get it back, but honestly its hard."


1 comment:

M said...

Snakes, spiders, and scorpions, oh my! Thanks for rescuing us.