Friday, January 25, 2008

World Record Holders


I am friends with two world record holders. It is not as cool as saying "I am a world record holder," but what can you do? Sarah, aka crazy rower #2 and Emily, aka crazy rower #1, both Scottsdale rugby players have successfully been part of the fastest all women's team, Unfinished Business, to row across the Atlantic ocean. They landed in Antigua in 51 days, 16 hours, and 31 minutes after departing from the Canary Islands, shattering the previous record by 17 days. I am thrilled for Sarah and Emily as this finishes a dream that they have had since they were 20 years old (they are an ancient 24 years old now) which was shattered by a capsize halfway across two years ago. Can't wait for Sarah to get back and rejoin me on all my adventures since she doesn't say no to anything.

Team ODP is almost complete again. Next race: The 24 Hours of Old Pueblo, Feb 21st.

2 comments:

Crazy Rower #2 said...

Thanks again for all of your support. It was an amazing race and I can't wait to share all of my stories and pictures with you. My calves and hands are healing and I can't wait to get started again with ODP!!

megan said...

badass' badass' i'm so doing a happy dance- because they are badass'